Lavender is a wonderful nervous system tonic, making it greatly effective in anxiety. Enjoy this lemonade variation after a long summer day.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (see note below)
- 1 tbsp dried lavender or 10 springs of fresh lavender
- 3 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
Note: Use any sugar alternative of your choice i.e. cane or coconut sugar or even honey to taste.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Add your fresh or dried lavender to this mixture.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the lavender from the syrup.
- Combine lemon juice, syrup and sparkling water in a pitcher.
- Serve with ice and lemon slices.
For an added aesthetic effect you can use a natural food colouring.